Saturday, October 3, 2009

My first blog post

Here it is.

I finally did it:

Blogging.

I have long wondered when, if, or even should I do this whole "blog" business. Today, sitting down on my couch and watching Real Chance of Love 2: Back in the Saddle, I decided there certainly must be some better way of using a bit of my spare time. Thus, we have "Our Endless Numbered Days," a title blatantly copied from one of--if not my favorite--albums of all time.

I didn't just steal the name because I thought it was cool, or that I would sound really "artistic" (what does that even mean anymore?) if people read the title, but because I think its applicable...and appropriate...and...

artistic.

So begins my cycle of endless numbered days of blogging. I do this without any knowledge of how long or consistently I will post, but seeing as though I am one of the all-time worst communicators with family and friends who I am separated from, this gives me an outlet to correspond with them and give them insight on exactly how much they are not missing out on in regards to my life.

I'm also doing this because I want to re-awaken my ability and love for writing. I virtually don't write anymore, and that is somewhat depressing.

Phew! I thought doing a blog post was going to be a lot harder than it actually was. I think the best part about it is that I'm not going to be graded for my incorrect grammar, and if people think I'm an asshole, they just don't read it. And by the same token, if you find it interesting, you keep up with reading it...that's a cool concept.

So I leave you with this parting gift: If you don't listen to Patty Griffin already, do yourself a favor and check out her album Living with Ghosts. It is one of very few albums where every single song is amazing.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment