Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Here is something that I have always struggled with:

how to act when you actually like someone.

Throughout my four years at JMU it has been increasingly and increasingly easier to find people who I am both attracted to and compatible with. HOWEVER, it seems as though these people are never the right ones.

This leads me to believe that, for people like myself, there is always a person out there that you have your "eye" on but are never able to talk, interact, or be with...which, I have found, is ALWAYS the case in my life.

So, my question to both the reader and myself is, how do you fix this apparent problem? Do you act like the sketchy guy at a party or bar who just goes for it? Do you play it cool and act like the person isn't there and that you don't really care about who they are with and what they are doing? Do you tell them exactly how you feel? Do you sit at home after the fact and ask yourself all these questions in your head?

As simple as the answer may seem...it is never that simple. It is different for each person because the fact of the matter is, when you are truly attracted to some person, everything goes out of the window. There is no more "game"or "sweet talking" but rather awkwardness and contemplation as to how, when, or if you are going to communicate with that other person.

This fact sucks...because it's true.

I feel that for most people, when you value something to such a high level, you begin to question every action that you take. Every move, word, sentence, and even inflection that you make is scrutinized inside your own head to the point where you feel like you can't do or say anything that is right, which inhibits you from being...you.

I've found that blogging about personal struggles seems to make them seem less real. Therefore, expect more personalized blog entries to come.

Until then, my advice (which I am unable to heed myself) is to talk to that certain person that always intimidates you, or is "too cool", "too hot", "too popular", or "you don't know enough." You never know what might happen.

Let me know the verdict, seeing as though I can't do any of those things myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment